Having recently become involved in BizTalk I was happy to find the BizTalk Server 2006 Documenter but unfortunately
it did not run correctly in the environment that I was using. I have spent some time modifying, fixing and enhancing the application for use in the environment I use in my work. The project now includes
modified files from the BizTalk OM project and the SSO Config project.
It has been compiled in Visual Studio 2010 and tested on BizTalk 2010 running on Windows Server 2008 R2. Having now used it to successfully document the environments in my workplace I thought I should offer the installation files and
source code to those who may find it useful as I found the original BizTalk Server 2006 Documenter.
I have not removed any of the functionality of the original project. In this edition I have concentrated on the GUI and the compiled help functionality. So the description remains the same as it did for the BizTalk
Server 2006 Documenter, with the following fixes/enhancements:
- GUI modified to resemble more of a wizard, step by step style.
- Fixed, click through functionality on Orchestration diagram
- Transformations added to Orchestration Code Elements page including input and output message(s).
- New click through functionality on above transformations
- Fixed, object descriptions pulled through into documentation (Code Elements page)
- Added, SSO integration. Will now document SSO applications
- Fixed, Documents exported BizTalk configuration file (xml)
- Enhanced, can now include additional HTML documentation by selecting folder it is held in. These documents appear under 'Additional Notes'. Any file called titlePage.htm will replace the default title page.
- Will not run successfully if a .chm file is open of the same name and path of the one you are trying to create.
- Needs to be run on the actual server you are documenting.
- Word documentation is incomplete (I have not done any work on this side of things yet).
- Rules Engine documentation not tried or tested.
- See BizTalk Server 2006 Documenter for other issues.