Error generating chm file using BizTalk 2010 Documenter

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Hi,

Recently I have downloaded the latest version V1.1.0.0 of BizTalk Documenter 2010 and tried to run it on one of our BizTalk machine.

While trying to generate the chm file, it ended up with an error msg - "unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' of type 'System.String'".

Any clue?

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I'm sorry that's rather a generic error message.  Are there any further details you can give me?

Jul 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Unfortunately, the tool is thowing only this error.

Is there any way to enable verbose logging or trace log to see the actual exception/stack, while running this tool?

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I tried debugging the tool and found the detailed exception as below:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.PartyAlias.get_Name()
   at Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.Party.Load(BtsCatalogExplorer explorer, Party party) in G:\sdhar\biztalk2010autodc_cd41d3e29b69\BizTalk.Utilities.Documenter\BizTalkOM Shared Library\Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM\Domain\Party.cs:line 109
   at Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.BizTalkInstallation.DocumentParties() in G:\sdhar\biztalk2010autodc_cd41d3e29b69\BizTalk.Utilities.Documenter\BizTalkOM Shared Library\Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM\Domain\BizTalkInstallation.cs:line 472
   at Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.BizTalkInstallation.LoadConfigInternal(LoadOption loadOption) in G:\sdhar\biztalk2010autodc_cd41d3e29b69\BizTalk.Utilities.Documenter\BizTalkOM Shared Library\Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM\Domain\BizTalkInstallation.cs:line 392
   at Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.BizTalkInstallation.LoadConfig() in G:\sdhar\biztalk2010autodc_cd41d3e29b69\BizTalk.Utilities.Documenter\BizTalkOM Shared Library\Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM\Domain\BizTalkInstallation.cs:line 287
   at Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM.BizTalkInstallation.LoadConfig(ArrayList requestedApplications, Boolean includeReferencedApplications) in G:\sdhar\biztalk2010autodc_cd41d3e29b69\BizTalk.Utilities.Documenter\BizTalkOM Shared Library\Microsoft.Services.Tools.BizTalkOM\Domain\BizTalkInstallation.cs:line 279
   at Microsoft.Services.Tools.BiztalkDocumenter.Core.Documenter.GenerateDocumentation() in G:\sdhar\biztalk2010autodc_cd41d3e29b69\BizTalk.Utilities.Documenter\Microsoft.Sdc.BiztalkDocumenter.Core\Documenter.cs:line 135

So, it is failing at Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.PartyAlias.get_Name(), Party.cs:line 109 - while reading the Parties information.

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.